Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rough Housing

Okay, so I said back in May that I was going to write on this blog a little more often and just like that another month and a half passes me by! To my credit, we are in the middle of an overseas move and I have been consumed with getting our apartment ready to be packed up, finding a place to live and being a full-time mom to my two active children.

I just wanted to write a quick blog to share how funny I think it is that my girls have started rough housing with each other (Charlotte - 16 months, Lilah 3 1/2 years). About a month ago as I was sitting at the computer dealing with something or other related to the move, I heard giggling behind me on the couch. I turned to find the two of the them climbing on top of one another and rolling around on the couch having the greatest time. The rough housing requires some supervision because Lilah forgets at times how much stronger she is than Charlotte and that she could actually hurt her pretty easily. That being said, Charlotte is a sturdy little toddler and can hold her ground pretty well. I feel like a referee, but I would rather do that to prevent injury than put an end to the fun and games because they just have so much fun doing it! It is a rare thing that they play "together" at something and I want to foster that - even if it is rough housing. There is nothing wrong with a little gentle physical contact and who said rough housing was only for boys anyway?

Stay tuned as I try to do a little backtracking to recap some of the things I have missed writing about over the past year!

No comments:

Post a Comment